Here is a list of the top five most-viewed blog posts of 2017 in descending order. From the shift in no-deadlines to highlighting innovative broader impact activities, this blog features exciting science, news, and opportunities generated or supported by MCB. See what you’ve been missing!
1. YEAR-ROUND PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS (NO-DEADLINES) COMING TO MCB IN 2018
Rolling MCB proposal submissions to be implemented in 2018.
Published Oct 5 under “Funding and Service.”
2. BROADENING THE IMPACT OF SCIENCE
Above and beyond basic science: Dr. Raj designing a science communication tool called Slideboards at UPenn, and Dr. Neiman and Dr. Schoerning creating a Science Booster Club at UIowa.
Published May 12 under “Broader Impacts.”
3. “YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE A HOBBY”
Dr. Skop of UW-Madison emphasizes work/life balance, and incorporating your passion into your science.
Published Dec. 12 under “Broader Impacts.”
4. MCB WELCOMES DR. MICHAEL WEINREICH, PROGRAM DIRECTOR: GENETIC MECHANISMS CLUSTER
From NSF grantee, then panelist/reviewer, to the inside scoop: meet Dr. Weinreich as he embarks on his new role at NSF.
Published June 2 under “Getting to Know MCB.”
5. NEW FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: MCB INVESTIGATOR-INITIATED RESEARCH
The 2017 MCB call for grant proposals: program synopsis.
Published Aug. 18 under “Funding and Service.”